Tests and standard
Nidalys : safety first and foremost
At the same time, the marketing department carries out consumer surveys and market research in order to respond as well as possible to customer expectations and market developments.
The quality of Nidalys products is also reflected in their cardboard packaging, designed to be very resistant and protect the products right up to the final consumer.
Strength of 1800 members and more than 6000 decision makers, the French Standards Association is the French organisation which represents France with the International Standard Organisation (ISO) and the European Committee Standardisation (CEN).
Concerning Nidalys’ products, we use FSC-certified products made of wood from forests sustainably managed. FSC is a non-profit international organisation that stands up for sustainable forest management. His founding mission is to bring a certification scheme genuinely independent and credible ensuring that the forests are managed in an environmentally sustainable way in order to respond to the social, economic, environmental needs of the current and future generations.
NF EN 1930
A strict standard governs the safety gates: NF EN 1930 02/2012 (last update of this standard on February 2012)
- Minimum height and no support point to avoid escalation
- Defined and controlled spaces to avoid hip, shoulder, finger jamming.
- Impact resistance for shocks
- Vibration resistance
- Opening of the door with 2 distinct and consecutive actions to avoid an accidental opening for a child under 2 years of age
- Absence of projecting parts to avoid clothes or jewels hooks
- Compliance of materials with EN-71-3 toys standard against toxicity
- Product marking, traceability per batch
- Verify if the child can’t pass through the openings feet stretched out such as bars for example
- Vibration test to assess gate safety and make sure that no part is coming loose when a child shakes the gate
- Shock test to estimate the gate resistance when a child hits it with his Baby Walker !
In a first time, Nidalys utilizes external laboratories to check the safety and the respect of the standards of each range’s gate or accessory.
These laboratories control the products quality and safety to check they don’t present any risk for children according to the European Union’s standards.
The tests done internally at Nidalys are done after conformity validation of the product by the laboratories. Then we check that all the products and productions remain in compliance with the definition established by the laboratory.
Discover the videos of design and production of Nidalys products
Discover, in all transparency, the manufacture of Nidalys barriers